The Experiential Orchestra invites you to the center of the orchestra with innovative, insightful, immersive, consistently creative programming.
Every concert finds a new way to explore the feeling of sound, letting you hear music viscerally.
NEXT CONCERTS: EXO's 2016 Vocal Festival
Part II: Songs of Ishmael at the National Opera Center 330 7th Avenue at 28th Street
Saturday June 10th, 2016
Sopranos Nacole Palmer and Molly Quinn perform EXO Music Director James Blachly's epic song cycle on texts from Herman Melville's Moby Dick with renowned pianist Bénédicte Jourdois in Scorca Hall, which evokes, Jonah-like, the inside of a whale.
Tickets and info here.
With the Experiential Orchestra
- The audience is invited into the center of the sound
- The visceral, physical qualities of listening are engaged
- We try something new every concert
- Audience members are invited, but not compelled, to participate
- A concert is a joyful, emotional, personal experience, relatable, relevant, and fascinating to all